Newark Homes Report: For Sale and Sold June 8, 2015
Jun 08, 2015 06:26PM
1 Strickland Court. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 210 Holly Cove Lane ($339,900) - As you approach this majestic home you immediately notice the double gables, brick front and 2 car garage with extra storage area. Upon opening the front door you are welcomed by the openness of the floor plan featuring an amazing staircase and a 2-story foyer. The 1st floor features a bright and spacious 2 story family room, a very functional eat-in kitchen. Rounding out the 1st floor is a living room, formal dining room, laundry room, powder room and a elegant study featuring a built-in bookcase with accent lighting. As you ascend upstairs you are greeted with a MBR with a huge closet, full bath featuring a garden tub, double sinks and shower stall. The 2nd floor also includes an additional 3 bedrooms and and a hallway full bath. Just a few of the updates include HVAC and hot water heater in'09, Roof and Skylights in '11, hallway tub/shower in '14, new front door and front step in '12!If outdoor living space is on your wish list, then look no further. This home features a large deck perfect for those great outdoor events.
2. 49 W. Park Place ($389,900) - Beautifully maintained and in impeccable condition, this gracious home is overflowing with vintage character and substance. Gorgeous moldings, elegant built-ins, and gleaming hardwood floors throughout add to the appeal of the meticulously cared for interior. Spend time with family and friends by the beautiful stone fireplace in the family room or adjoining dining room?perfect spots for entertaining. The updated kitchen features stunning Silestone countertops, subway tile backsplash and all new appliances. Enjoy warm weather meals on the rear brick patio while you admire the eye-catching manicured landscape. Further inspection leads to an upper level master with ample closet space and built-ins that open and offer additional storage behind. Completing this home are two additional upper level bedrooms, and detached garage. Centrally located in "Old Newark," one of Newark"s premier residential communities within walking distance to the University of DE.
3. 25 Birchgrove Road ($225,000) - Well maintained, single family home with a full finished lower level and huge backyard! As you enter through the foyer, you will find yourself drawn into the spacious family room on the lower level, which features a full bathroom and walk-out to the backyard. A very spacious backyard provides plenty of room for the whole family to enjoy all summer long. This is a great space for barbecues, hosting parties, or even gardening. Nice size family room is located on the lower level along with an office and laundry room. On the main level of the home a beautiful living room with views of the mature trees in the front yard greets you. Gorgeous hardwood flooring and vaulted ceilings, this room is a place you will want to spend a lot of time. A balcony over the foyer allows for easy access to greet visiting guests. The large eat-in kitchen with gorgeous ceramic tile backsplash includes beautiful hardwood laminate flooring, vaulted ceilings, and a pantry. There are two more full bathrooms on the main floor, plus three bedrooms. A spacious master bedroom provides a great private escape at the end of the day. An oversized garage is another great feature of this home. This move-in-ready home is ready and waiting for you to arrive! With a Newark address just minutes from Rt.40, you have access to nearby shopping, restaurants and parks.
4. 1 Strickland Court ($315,000) - Beautiful home in much sought after community.This home is located on a corner lot at the entrance to a cul-de-sac. Hardwood entry leading to large living room and dining room with floor to ceiling bump out. Spacious sized eat in kitchen with center island,new stainless steel range and dishwasher, work desk and additional bump out. Kitchen opens to cozy family room with fireplace. The kitchen leads out to an oversized deck over looking private backyard.The laundry room is located on the first floor along with a powder room.The master suite is very spacious with a walk-in closet and four piece master bath with soaking tub, stand up shower and 2 bowl vanity. Three additional nice size rooms with hall bath that also has 2-bowl sink. The basement is mostly finished with an additional powder room. There is also a large storage room in the back of the basement. Other features are 2-car garage, double driveway, professional landscaping and pull down attic. House is in move in condition!
5. 331 N. Dillwyn Road ($249,500) - This lovely home is in mint condition! The home has a wonderful, sunny open floor plan & has been extensively updated by the present owners. Updates include renovated kitchen w new oven, dishwasher, cabinetry, counters & backsplash that you will love. Other renovations & updates include: bathroom, powder room with updated shower and plumbing, new roof (2013-transferrable warranty),new furnace & humidifier (Winter 2014),gas water heater with pipes, electric updates for outlets & sump-pump, new carpeting upstairs, rebuilt chimney exterior, deck, landscaping in back and refinished hardwoods that are in beautiful, gleaming condition. The house truly reflects the meticulous care, and beautiful styling it has received to make this home just right for the most discerning buyer! Home has small dog & security system which must be attended, so advance notice of an hour is requested before showings.
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 205 Madeline Court - $110,000
- 22 Danbury Drive - $115,151
- 11 Panorama Drive - $220,000
- 5 Lilly Court - $301,000
- 200 Sypherd Drive - $340,100